Sunday, 6 September 2026

Letter to Arun 10.12 pm on 6.9.2026 Regret

Dear Baby Arun,
How are you? I really miss you. If I hadnt got agitated, if I hadnt fought with you, if I hadnt bugged you, we would have spoken this week and had happy days.
Im so sorry for fighting with you. I havent lost any love for you. And no, try as I might I cant really move on from you so theres no point trying.
Have you eaten dinner? And what did you eat for lunch? Have happy days shonapie. You are so resilient. I admire you and your spirit. I want to smell you.
I had fish with roti for dinner. I did pray today but before sleeping Ill pray for 15 minutes again.
I have a favour to ask of you-- could you please Please pray for my career? You are a reasonable man and your prayers will work on my life. Ever since I left journalism my career path has become really difficult. Things dont quite work out so well.
My mom used to be under the impression that those who are not good at studies become journalists. And she used to tell me to quit. I so enjoyed being a journo! But I cant go back now. I realise that that was a 24, 7 job that consumed me. And if I hadnt left I would not have met you.
Please pray for my career. And Ive never asked you this because im scared to ask you, but is there any way we could work together? In any capacity?
I have a friend from journalism-- Simit Bhagat. Hes started his own film company and we were talking about me working with him. 
But the thing is once upon a time he wanted to date me and I hope he doesnt want to anymore. I dont want a messy state of affairs.
And all the men I know or talk to have evinced interest in me at some point. Im quite the girl to friendzone guys.
Hopefully Ill be able to work something out with Simit. Im kind of desperate. Im not going to be just a teacher.
PLEASE PRAY FOR MY CAREER.
And have a great night! Are you travelling? Enjoy yourself wherever you are. I love you. Shona.
Love,
Doel
10.24 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment