Friday, 31 July 2026

Chance

Please don't tell me We don't stand a chance
As you pucker your lips and weild your lance
And I shield my intentions hurriedly from you
Shaded by the tree of Life and Truth.
And what is it that would you soothe,
Is it a prettier me or some loving in a booth?
I don't know at this point if I have lost you or not
But to my life so much happiness you have brought
And I'm sorry for my insults and accusations,
I was just trying to bury my feelings all these days.
Believe me, I'm telling you the truth
Not of one other guy have I thought
Ever since I laid my eyes on you.
I should not have fought,
Your heart I should have won,
Will you never talk to me ever again?
I love you as does a daughter her dad
And a sister her brother and a girl her lad;
As in you are everything to me,
All that I desire, all that I see.
Don't tell me we don't stand a chance
Even though it's gloomy now let's see the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment