Wednesday, 29 July 2026

Silently

I'm hurt, I'm in pain
And I beseech the heavens
To please let it rain
So that I can drown my sorrows
And let them run underwater
And rise to the challenge
As over me hope hovers.
Please let my iciness pass
Because I tell you
My niceness would last
For having loved you
Was pure joy
And trusting in you
Made me most coy.
Lingering in my heart
Is music that I wrote
When in love with you,
When I was goldenly bold.
Life won't always be a stalemate,
Count your lucky stars
I would never you hate.
Many men have serenaded me before
And I know not why it's you I chose--
My heart trampled feels so small
Wrapped in wastepaper in a ball,
Scrunched and constricted,
Feeling so low
Because now I am truly alone
As I've let you go--
I wish you all the happiness
In the world going ahead,
Sometimes violet, sometimes red
And I refuse to be a prisoner of my mind
As hope and love come calling
Smoothly in hindsight.

No comments:

Post a Comment