Love for you runs deep, clear and fast
Even as your priorities are set--
Work and money and a television at best.
You say you don't desire me
Because I don't come with any luxury
And you have decided to keep me
On the blindside neatly folded with no respite.
I listen to the callings of my mind
To exit this situation and hold my head high
But my heart it was always set on you
And I don't know how to resolve this anymore.
To never think about you is an impossibility,
To say it won't matter is not exigency,
The Truth is that this is how far I've come,
Refusing to jump, refusing to run.
I don't want you and me to be bound
To each other as a rule but a desire profound
And I know some day when you have some faith
The Truth will glitter and shimmer around with no hate.
I think I'll do the brainy thing and count my losses
Listening to my mind's call and ignore the roses.
I have never felt so morose, so down,
Never for so long have I donned a frown--
Silence says my mind, Tread Blithely and Silently
Because what is meant to stay will stay
Whether you are close or far away.
I wish I had a glimpse of the future but I know
That you don't really want me around for the show.
So I'll say to you my dearest friend
I tried really hard but the love still remained;
I don't know what is the right thing
But if I had to do just your bidding,
You asked of me some distance the other day
So I wore my dress and cast it that way.
Even though I don't so much message and call,
I'm more than vulnerable, trying to stand tall.
No matter what the outcome is
I want you to know for you I only wish
All the happinesses and joys of the world
With my love ensconced, deep and hidden like a pearl.
No comments:
Post a Comment